Saturday, August 17, 2019

Never Tell by Lisa Gardner



This was an excellent book.  I had never read any of the D. D. Warren series of novels (of which this is the latest of seven I believe) and really did not know what to expect.  I had read one of her books before and really liked it so I thought I would give this one a try.

Evie is married to a traveling salesman who locks his office while he is away on trips, and so she wonders what he is hiding.  She's suspicious.  But she is shocked when she comes home and finds her husband shot to death with his own gun.  Mysteriously, she picks up the gun and shoots his computer and then is caught by the police red-handed with a murder weapon.  In comes Detective D. D. Warren, a full-bodied, well-drawn character, to investigate the death.  Turns out Evie killed her father under suspicious circumstances and is the prime suspect in her husband's death.

The plot, of course, is much more complicated than that; it has twists and turns, and I have to admit I could hardly put this book down.  The writing is superior, the plot devious, the characters compelling.  If you like a good mystery/thriller this is a book for you.  Highly recommended. 5/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment